- Inform the people of Utah about the USS Utah and its role in protecting our nation.
- Support the commissioning of the USS Utah as a key component of the U.S. Navy’s submarine fleet
- Provide appropriate financial support for educational, ceremonial, operational and Quality of Life enhancements of USS Utah not provided by the Navy
- Promote and facilitate lasting relationships between the people of Utah and all those who serve aboard her namesake ship
- State Interest and Stakeholders: 33+ year service life of namesake submarine as a national defense asset: Utah military service organizations, State History, Utah Office of Tourism, Chambers of Commerce, business donors, STEM education, etc.
The United States Submarine Force relies on its technological superiority and the speed, endurance, mobility, stealth and payload afforded by nuclear power to retain its preeminence in the undersea battlespace.
These nine submarines, eight of which will be new Block V Virginia-class submarines, is the Navy's largest warship building deal ever.
Keel laying ceremony for PCU801 UTAH to be held on September 1, 2021 General Dynamics Electric Boat Grotion facility.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all USS Utah Commissioning Committee events have been postponed.