- Inform the people of Utah about the USS Utah and its role in protecting our nation.
- Support the commissioning of the USS Utah as a key component of the U.S. Navy’s submarine fleet
- Provide appropriate financial support for educational, ceremonial, operational and Quality of Life enhancements of USS Utah not provided by the Navy
- Promote and facilitate lasting relationships between the people of Utah and all those who serve aboard her namesake ship
- State Interest and Stakeholders: 33+ year service life of namesake submarine as a national defense asset: Utah military service organizations, State History, Utah Office of Tourism, Chambers of Commerce, business donors, STEM education, etc.
USS UTAH Keel Laying Ceremony
Saturday September 4th, 2021
The Keel Laying Ceremony for USS UTAH was held Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
U.S. Navy Attack Submarines Fact File
Thursday May 7th, 2020
The United States Submarine Force relies on its technological superiority and the speed, endurance, mobility, stealth and payload afforded by nuclear power to retain its preeminence in the undersea battlespace.
USS UTAH Keel Laying Ceremony Scheduled for September 1, 2021
September 1, 2021
Keel laying ceremony for PCU801 UTAH to be held on September 1, 2021 General Dynamics Electric Boat Grotion facility.
All Events Have Been Postponed
June 1, 2020
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all USS Utah Commissioning Committee events have been postponed.